Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR photo diode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makaram

Hey guys, I'm trying to set up a photo diode for object detection at roughly around 38khz.
although I am capable of doing this with a fancy phototransistor (which apparently comes with filters already in place) but I don't know how to filter the photodiode to the required frequency.
Any assistance would be most welcome.

thanks

Hey guys, I'm trying to set up a photo diode for object detection at roughly around 38khz.
although I am capable of doing this with a fancy phototransistor (which apparently comes with filters already in place) but I don't know how to filter the photodiode to the required frequency.
Any assistance would be most welcome.

thanks

hi,
Are you saying that you are using a TSOP4838 or equivalent detector.?
or that you want to make your own 38kHz detector.??

I guess im looking for a 38khz bandpass filter using simple discrete components, unless of course the IC are cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back