Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR LED / Photo transistor Matching Pair - Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

djordje

Hi guy, i'm new to this forum. I'm making little project for myself.

I'm looking for 2 matching components, IR LED and Photo transistor. I searched Digikey and Newark, but options are so many, and i was wondering if someone has any recommendations before i spend hours reading data sheets. Or maybe just help me out narrow my search.

Here is some details on what i need it for, that will hopefully help me narrow the search.
-I'm making transceiver unit that will consist of IR LED and Phototransisor.
-3 of these units will be stationary in 3 top corners of the room.
-1 unit will be moved within the room
-Requirement is for these 3 stationary units to cover the whole room(line of sight or reflections) so i was thinking of getting as wide angle as possible for both emitter and receiver so it can cover the room easier.
-range has to be sufficient to cover whole room(i'll take care of this adjusting the current to IR LED)
-maybe higer sensitivity photo transistor for easier detection?

What are my options?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back