Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR headset...can't figure it out. Help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozenstreaks

Hi everyone. This is my first post and I kinda feel bad joining this site just to get some help, but I need some help from you more experienced people. I have been in electronics for 2 years and I'm kinda stumped on this.

Here's a diagram featured at electronicsforyou.com and it's in PDF
https://www.electronicsforu.com/electronicsforu/lab/ad.asp?url=/efylinux/circuit/feb2003/aug99_IRcordless.pdf&title=Infrared%20Cordless%20Headphone]Diagram
I've been trying to build this circuit for awhile now, and it still won't work right. Here are the details if you wish to look over it. Here's a list of the parts I am using, I got the audio output transformer from radio shack. Here's a list of transistor replacements:
T1 : BC547 changed to NTE123AP
T2 : NTE374 changed to NTE374.
I'm only in need of help right now with the Transmitter part of the diagram.

The problem i have right now is at the base of T1. The signal gets clipped on the negative side and is being amplified at T1. The problem is that when i put a sine wave on it for testing (@ 700mvp-pk or @ 1vp-pk) once the sine wave gets below .7v the transistor cuts off and when it cuts off it amplifies the signal at the collector. So at the collector I have a clipped positive portion and can only adjust the negative portion of the wave with VR1. Does anyone have an idea how I can fix this? I somehow need to keep the sign wave high enough in reference to ground to keep T1 from cutting off. Thanks in advance. Any ideas welcome. I've never seen a schematic where the base divider wasn't hooked to the collector somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back