Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR Headphones.....Need help .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightcatz

Pls help me in redesigning the circuit -Infrared Headphones

hi everyone ,
can anyone pls tell me how can I replace the audio output transformer from the circuit and replace it with any other component ...as I am unable to get an audio output transformer....one of my friends told me that it can be replaced with an Opto-coupler ..if it is right can you guys pls help me in redesigning the circuit that eliminates an audio output transformer and replacing it with a Opto-coupler ....or any other component

Attachments

• IR headphones.JPG
    IR headphones.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
I don't want to sound too discouragin but you can buy a decint pair of IR headphones pretty cheap thses days.

This circuit is AM and mono and not good quality at all.

You can probably but the transformer from RS components or even Maplin.

That circuit is 50 years old and does not work. Nothing from that foreign website works.

The 1st transistor in the transmitter has no base bias current!
It is a rectifier that produces severe distortion.

If the 1st transistor worked then the red LED would block any modulation.

The headset at the receiver has DC current in it!

The transformer doesn't provide any isolation because the grounds are the same. Since the TV has a headphones jack then the TV provides the isolation. The transformer is used to stepup the input voltage like a transistor would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back