Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR Detectors... Can I use multiples?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZX3ST

So I have a robot that is being controlled by IR. Is there any reason why I can't use multiple (in this case 4 total) IR detectors on the same decoder input? Would everything still work if I were to just wire them in parallel?

I want to be able to realize a similar amount of controllable range whether the robot is pointed directly away from me or some other orientation.

I'm currently using a single Panasonic PNA4602M.

If you mount your sensor on the top of your robot(facing the sky), and then suspend a ball of aluminum foil directly above it, you only need one sensor, and you will still achieve 360 degrees of operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back