Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR Detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

cannon701

Can anyone help me with this? I have the component but am not sure how it works. I am also not the best at reading circuits so could someone give me instructions.

Part number?

276-142 or 276-0142

BTW specs are
Vceo Collector to emitter: 70v
Veco Emitter to collector: 5V
Ic Collector Current: 50mA
Total power dissipation: 150mW
Peak Sensitivity wavelength: 850nm(whats nm)
Spectral bandwidth range: 620-980nm
Angle of half-sensitivity: +-20(degree symbol)

nm is nano-meters, the wavelength of light that the device is most sensitive to.

What are you trying to do with it?

I want an led to light up when it receives a signal. Nothing fancy

BTW i want to do this on my bread board so no soldering needs to be done.

Last edited:
What is your power supply voltage?

Ok, put a 100Ω resistor in series with the emitter. Do you how to tell the anode from the cathode? Do you know which device is the emitter?

On the detector side, put the LED in series with the detector, in series with a 1K resistor. Do you know the polarities? The LED will be very dim, when the emitter is pointing at the detector, within an inch or so.

Actually i figured it out already.I connected the detector to the power source and to the collector of a transmitter. Then the base of the transmitter to the power source. Then the emitter of the transmitter to the led's + side and the led's - side to the usb - cable. Is anode positive or negative? Anyways thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back