Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ir circuit help

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrian120

i've built a ir repeater circuit but am having problems with room light interfering with the photodiode. tried a photodiode with a daylight filter but no luck. i have come accross this band pass circuit and wondered if this would help.

Attachments

• ir_filter_488.jpg
    ir_filter_488.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 529
what light do you use in your room?

and you should try using ir sensing diode(IR sensor)

just a standard light bulb no fluorescent light and a small amount of sunlight through a window. the circuit i built works fine when there is no light in the room. if i added this band pass filter to the circuit would it over come this problem?

well thats the point daylight filter takes away all the other lights axept the standard bulbs light cause this also emittes heat and IR light and so your sensors see it

Your bandpass filter will remove mains pulses from the heat of your incandescent bulbs and sunlight flickering, if the photodiode isn't overloaded by them and ordinary light.
But your bandpass filter circuit won't work because the transistor doesn't have a pullup resistor (10K) from its base to the positive power supply. The output of an LM393 is the collector of a grounded emitter NPN transistor, that can pull-down, not up.

Forget about adding resistors to your bandpass filter. Now I see that the transistors that you show are actually part of the LM393.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back