Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR burglar

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Maha*

hi every body

i'm a new member here

"IR Burglar alarm " is my new project and this is its circuit

**broken link removed**

please someone tell me how to work every IC in this circiut. please describe this circuit for me .

thanx :)

The 555 in the transmitter section generates pulses that cause the IR LED to "flash" at a certain frequency.

In the receiver section, the IR receiver picks up these pulses. The 4538 is a monostable, meaning it goes high for a period of time when it receives an input signal, then goes low when the signal is absent for that amount of time.

So, when the beam is unbroken, the pulses keep the 4538 "on", which disables the siren circuit (the 3561). When a "burglar" breaks the beam, the 4538 will stop receiving pulses, and time out, enabling the siren.

When the beam is unbroken again, the siren will stop.

**broken link removed**

The source of the circuit, good description of how it works... The EFY website requires your Email address to register, not sure if the link will work otherwise. I registered years ago, no spam or an mail for that matter. It's an electronics magazine from India, in English, lots of good stuff there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back