Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR barrier

Status
Not open for further replies.

HERMES_PT

Hi:
I need a circuit, IR barrier, that really works!
Usually made with an pair os leds (one receiver, one transmitter).
This will work as an counter: each time barrier is broken by an object (coin, for example), will count.
Thanks.
Regards

20/05/2006
I made a circuit with TX IR Led and RX IR led, but when a object interrupts the barrier nothing happened :(

HERMES_PT said:
20/05/2006
I made a circuit with TX IR Led and RX IR led, but when a object interrupts the barrier nothing happened :(

You need to amplify the output of the RX diode, a LOT!!!.

I would also suggest modulating the transmitter and checking for the modulation at the receiver. It would be a LOT easier to use an IR receiver IC, which does all this for you, and a simple 555 at the transmitter.

Hi:
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, i used an circuit with a 555 and a 4N25, but only for simplification questions i have to use leds.
But i solved the problem: the guy in the electonic store give me 6 TX leds and only 2 RX leds, and not 4 of each one as i required. :(
But now all my 9 IR barriers works well: i will use to measure the size of the 8 euro coins, in my coin validator project. :D
Regards from Portugal.
Hermes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back