Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR and light sensor !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohmoh

hi guys can any tell me whats the diffrent between infrared sensor and the light sensor .. i knew it seems like silly question :roll:

mohmoh said:
hi guys can any tell me whats the diffrent between infrared sensor and the light sensor .. i knew it seems like silly question :roll:

It's down to where their response is designed to be, a light sensor is designed to respond mostly to visible light, and an IR sensor is designed to mostly respond to IR - and they usually include a filter to reduce visible light as well. Either will generally work with the other, but with a greatly reduced range.

If you work outdoor, both IR and light receivers can be noised. But if you work indoor, IR is better, because the neon lamp do not produce IR waves.

However, people see that red light transceivers can work better than IR. With a red light TCeivers, the forward distance may upto more than 10 meters. But the IR I saw is max 7m. In refletion applications, the IR range is about 1m, but red light can detect much farther.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back