Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IPv6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah.. For what reason would you want to implement IPv6 on a local area network? IPV6 offers no real benefits to LANS. The primary reason for it's creation is the increased address space, which it adds 96 bits ostensibly for removing the need for NAT's in the first place. The only thing implementing it would really do is add a layer of complexity to a system that would otherwise function just fine using IPV4

IPv6 was created to remove the need for LAN's behind NAT's

until yr ISP & router's are IPv6 no point

My ADSL router does not support IPv6. :-(

However, I was wondering if I could use IPv6 on my lan. I have one macjine on the lan which routes between the LAN Switch and the ADSL router using two ethernet interfaces.

So I was wondering if it might be possible to have IPv6 on the LAN and use NAT to translate it to IPv4 for the ADSL router using my PC with 2 NIC (also a router).

There seems to be no available references to it on the internet.

The reason for going IPv6 is to make my LAN future ready and it's cool....

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back