Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IPS diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamun2a

can i have a diagram which can operate a 100 watt Fan and a 40 Watt tube light with 12 V 5 Ah Batt.

if ne one near Dhaka can provide its better to me (mamun2a at gmail.com)

mamun2a

Guessing you are looking for an inverter. Not sure where Dhaka (Canadian?). Seems most places outside the USA use 230 VAC, not sure if your battery is up to the task, maybe a couple of hours. 150 watt (120 VAC) cost less than $30 here, and can easily be found. Don't think one could built for less, and most likely not as well...

Dhaka is the capital of Bangladesh 90 degree latitude and 23.5 degree of Longitude ( middle of Kolkata and Yangoon city) just opposite of IS USA in the Earth.

we have 220 v ac

How long are you intending your battery to last for?

Assuming an efficiency of 80% your battery will last for just 20 minutes.

HarveyH42 said:
Not sure where Dhaka (Canadian?).
Hee, hee. Dhaka certainly is not Canadian.
It is the capital city of Bangaldesh, which was Persian, then became part of India when the Brits ruled it, then it became part of Pakistan for awhile then it became an independant country.
Its average temperature is about 50 to 60 degrees C (whew!) and most people are Muslims. There are billions of them crammed into a small amount of land.

About 3X what you need, but parts should be easy enough to find or substitute.

http://bp0.blogger.com/_BQac7gcHPK0/RhkaNCBRhmI/AAAAAAAAANE/SDNOXVThEsI/s1600-h/inverter500W.jpeg

Just out of curiousity, found this off the shelf...

**broken link removed**
I'd imagine a similar unit would be much more common and less expensive in your part of the world.

The schematic I linked to would cost you more to build, and would waste a lot of power in heat. Definately need a bigger battery for it. I didn't do a lot of searching, just grabbed the first few that seemed relevent. Use Google.com , and see what else you can find. Remember several inverter threads on this site, might search here first.

Sorry about the Canadian thing... I would have guessed persian gulf area, but had no idea where or how the land is divided over there. Seems to change every few years. Geography was never one of my stronger subjects, so when I'm not sure, it's Canadian.

It isn't hotter than hell in Canada.
We arent crammed up here, we have lots of space.
We don't have much poverty.
Few Canadians are Muslims but there seem to be more and more each year.

One Muslim woman in her National Costume got her shoe stuck in her costume while driving a school bus on the highway. She rear-ended and nearly killed my neighbour. Luckily the school bus had no students. The woman was out shopping.

I wouldn't think a bus driver would be allow to dress so impractically. She would be absolutely useless to the children in an accident or emergency, unless the bus was attacked by a hungry polar bear (slowest runner is lunch...).

The school bus company is being sued for allowing a weirdo to drive a scoolbus wearing a costume. The Muslim woman could hardly see anything through the tiny slits in her total face covering.

Dhaka's ever highest temp recorded 41 deg Celcius, normally its between 30-36

guru i want it serves me at least 1 hour.

ur words say that u people never heard about IPS, but my country its earns a lot because of elcetricity failure.
most recently our pioneer company anonced for 6KVA 10 KVA IPS which whole is powered from their Bttery named LUCAS.

We don't need inverters in Canada. Our electricity is very reliable.

Your battery can supply 0.5A for 10 hours. It might supply 5A for half an hour. You need 140W from 12V which is 11.7A and your tiny battery might last for only 15 minutes.

I thought the temperature in Bangladesh is like an oven all the time. Sorry, I was wrong.

its ok,
i ll be happy to know that al least one is iformed by me something about my country. we have 150 million of people in 0.144 sq KM land.

thank u.

in that case how huch amp bat u suggest. i saw an IPS with about 25 or more amps supply about 500+ Watt morethan 1 hour.

You want the inverter to power a 140W load for one hour.
The inverter will heat itself with about 30W so the battery must supply 170w at 12V which is 14A.
Then you need a battery rated at about 30 or 40Ah.

Instead of an inverter (which will waste power itself) get a 12V fan and 12V lamp. Probably cheaper than an inverter too.

Wow a hydro pole in India.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Wires all over the place. Neat.

I have heard that in some countries the electricity is stolen. Sometimes even the wires are stolen.

The electrical wiring, telephone lines, cable TV and high speed internet wires are buried in my neighbourhood.

audioguru said:
We don't need inverters in Canada. Our electricity is very reliable.

Your battery can supply 0.5A for 10 hours. It might supply 5A for half an hour. You need 140W from 12V which is 11.7A and your tiny battery might last for only 15 minutes.

I thought the temperature in Bangladesh is like an oven all the time. Sorry, I was wrong.

The power never goes out, even in the winter? I'd think you would get some pretty nasty storms up there by the north pole ( say Hi to Santa for me...). I grew up out in Oregon, on the side of Mt Hood. Sometimes snow or ice would build up enough on the powerlines to rip them down. Falling trees took out a few as well. Went 10 days on winter without electricity, a high tension line, the main feeder just outside of town was pulled down by ice. The national guard brought in some huge generators.

HarveyH42 said:
The power never goes out, even in the winter?
OOPS. I forgot.
I am in English speaking Canada where the electricity grid has backups and more backups. Quebec is French speaking and they don't have any backups. They lost everything when an ice-storm collided with a wind-storm. It took weeks for the broken lines and poles to be fixed.

We lost electricity a few years ago when something in the USA blew up and it took down our grid in Canada too. We celebrated because a power loss is rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back