Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ipod p1 phone to rca stereo

Status
Not open for further replies.

asiatico

Please, I need some help to build a circuit (schematic) , to connect ipod phone (p1-3.5mm stereo plug to rca stereo( tv/sound/video k7). Thanks...

You can make a cable for 4 times as much cost as you can buy one at The Dollar Store.

Like AG states, it's far cheaper and likely more reliable to simply buy the cable than to build one. What you apparently need is what is pictured below. They are available at most larger department stores, Radio Shack, Best Buy, Circuit City, or similar types stores that may exist where you live. Where do you live? Doesn't matter since you can order one via mail order distributers. You need a STEREO 3.5mm mini-plug to (2) RCA Plugs and they come in typical lengths of 6', 12', 25'.

**broken link removed**

Also, I've found that some brands require pre-amping of portable music players and the like, Sony and Panasonic (what I've used manufactured by them), the output level is quite low even when the volume is maxed out on both the device and amp/tv.

Note: They are fine on things that have an input gain adjustment like music mixers, I'm only saying this because I saw an amp somewhere with a digitally controlled Pre-Amp on the input stage.

I have an IPOD and used one of the cables pictured. I ran it into my DAT input on the reciever and had a problem with output. I may have worked ok if I had used the phono in instead as there wasn't enough output even with the IPOD maxed out and the stereo up a good bit to get addaquit sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back