Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

iPhone TRRS Wiring and DPDT Switch Bypass Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

capasistor

Howdy, y'all! This is my first post, so forgive any egregious errors I may make while explaining the situation.

Here's what I need help with:
The iPhone jack utilizes a TRRS connection. Tip is the left stereo channel, Ring 1 is the right stereo channel, Ring 2 is the common ground, and the Sleeve is the microphone channel for the iPhone.

I have had success cutting a male to male TRRS wire in half, stripping the wires and attaching them to jacks. The microphone connects to the Tip of a mono jack, the bare copper wire goes to the mono jack's sleeve. I wired a stereo jack to the remaining left and right channel wires. This solution has worked thus far for getting an audio signal to the iPhone's microphone input, which then processes the signal with an App. The output goes to the left and right channels. All of this has worked so far.

However, now I am interested in using a DPDT switch to act as a true bypass. I would have a guitar signal come into the mono jack and either be sent to the iPhone via the microphone channel or be switched directly to the output stereo jack. How would I accomplish this?

From your explination here is what I came up with.

Attachments

• iphone guitar.GIF
    iphone guitar.GIF
    4.2 KB · Views: 396
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back