Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

iPhone Charger Mike MI

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonNMass

Thanks for the info yesterday. Very impressive credentials!

You posted this to someone else in the fall who was trying to do the same thing.

"Another idea: I found a bunch of 12VDC in to 5Vdc out automobile cell phone chargers that have a switching regulator inside. The chip inside the charger happily runs on an input voltage much less than 12V, so you could just feed your solar panel into one of those.."

I have a bunch of those, took one apart today trying to do the same thing as you suggested. What the heck does the regulator chip look like, and how would it be attached? Like the 5v regulator with 2 positive feeds and a shared neutral?

Thanks!

The chip inside the ones I took apart was an 8pin DIP, 34063A. Google for the 34063A datasheet. It has a suggested circuit which was very close to one I found inside the chargers I cannibalized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back