Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ipaq interfaced to pic 18f4685

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostman11

how dificult would it be to intrerface a ipaq pda to a pic so it can log data sent from the pic?

Not hard I had two with liunx GPE on them there was a lot of app to use serial

I hate it I don't have them now some one took them from my car

You can write a app for windows CE if that's what your using there a link to VB for CE over at Grams site **broken link removed** I think Andy0 posted it.

Last edited:
Serial yes USB no.

It has USB or mine did It used the jack in the base it can read usb data but can't send it.

But it had full USB there even was a card made to plug in it.

I was one of the first people to use GPE linux on it I bought the wrong model they were running GPE on the arm7 I got one with the Intel can't remember now what core it was but a guy that worked for me took them and I put him in jail for but never got them back Kind of funny they were useless with out the password and you would of had a time re-flashing windows CE with out bricking them

Last edited:
this one is an old one infact i have 3 (a chance to aquire them cheap came along!) i think they are model 3630 and they are the serial version, i think they are running ms 2002. so how would i go about connecting them to a pic? sorry the questions are a bit "vague" i am still kinda thinking things through and been away a long time so very rusty :D

They have a terminal program.
You can hook up just like you would a pic to the PC.
And you can save data to a file with that program just like using HyperTerminal

Last edited:
thanks be80be thats interesting, i havnt connected a pic as such yet, would i need a rs232 chip? if so hows it connected?
i do have a application for data logging in mind and theese little pda's intrigue me, would save having pc's everywhere. i couldnt belive how cheap you can pick them up for!

Mine had a base you set it in it had a serial cable and a plug for usb I sent file to it with HyperTerminal

so all i need to do is connect the tx pin on the pic to the rx on the pda and rx on pic to tx on pda? not rs232 chip needed?

i have had a look at the mx232 datasheet and i was wondering if there is any leyway on the electrolytic capacitor values. the sheet states 1uf but how critical is this? does anyone know if i can get away with slightly higher values say 4.7uf ?? it would save me having to wait till i could get some 1uf. anyone used different values with sucess?

thanks burt i was going through my bits and could only find 2x 1uf but i have 4.7uf and 10uf in abundence (well enough to do ) i will give them a go

Around here people are dumping them big TV with 3 tube projector type screen I open one up and it had 100 or more nice easy to remove little red ones 1uf caps and 48 matching darlington power transistors It was no wonder why the TV stopped working the parts would almost fall off the board

the recycle centres round here have got smart to people buying stuff for spares and now charge a fortune for junk!! so its harder to get stuff to take apart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back