Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inveter change over switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

RodneyB

For many years I have been installing Inverters and have used a very simple relay switch for automatic change over when there is a grid failure. It has worked no problem. I have always over sized the contact rating and put in line suitable fuse protection.

Of late I am finding with the introduction of new computers and screens etc that when there is a grid failure the equipment switches off and then on again, it does not stay on. I cant work this out.

It is not practical to run the load continuously from the inverter due to the unique power problems we have in Zimbabwe.

I am looking for additions to the circuit or a solution to the problem or even a totally new way of switching between grid and inverter.

Many thanks

Rodney

Attachments

• ics.jpg
    ics.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 143
The switch-over time for the relay contacts could easily exceed 1 cycle of the AC, add to that the start-up time for the inverter. Try a solid-state relay (like the P&B SSRT-240D10) and use an inverter with a stand-by function. E

Thank you for the information, I have had a look at the Datasheet, how would I connect it so that it would automatically switch between grid and Inverter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back