Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

olu1yomi

i constucted an inverter with a circuit when i put the battery and on it, the inverter didn't work instead it blew off my mosfet irfp250 pls what can i do cause i need to assemble it and make it work

Attachments

• OLU VIC 039.jpg
    OLU VIC 039.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 182
D1 and D2 should not be there. For either a bipolar or mosfet circuit. They alone can cause the circuit to blow up.

I agree with the D1 and D2 being in the wrong place.

They should be across the switching devices from the ground to the transformers winding ends and not to the positive on the center tap of the transformer windings as shown in the schematic.

As shown each one creates a half wave short.

Aren't they reverse-biased protective diodes?

John

That may have been the intent, but how they are shown will not do that.

Think about how a push-pull CT winding works. Remember that the two halves of the primary are coupled to each other in such a way that, when you pull one end to ground, the other end swings up to twice the center tap voltage. If the CT is at 12 V, then the ungrounded end of the primary winding will be at 24V. This puts 12V forward biased across the diodes, if loaded as shown. Not a good thing.

i subtituted the transistors with the mosfet pls help me out what could av went wrong?
You may have done an improper substitution. :rolleyes:

thanks for your contribution at everyone ,please what do u suggest i do or can u provide me another circuit that i can use or what to do .am in need to build the inverter......

ok.thanks for your contribution @everyone .pls what is the voltage that the mosfet irfp250 will switch with ...looking forward to hearing from you

The problem I see is that there is no way to turn the MOSFETs off after they have been turned on.

Edit: Try using this circuit in the attached image. Note that the PULSE control inputs are not the same, one has to be inverted or else your inverter won't work right. For example, use 2N2222 and 2N3907, or SS8050 and SS8550 transistors for the drivers.

Attachments

• PushPullDriver.png
    PushPullDriver.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back