Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwame

Hi folks
this is the best technology forum in the universe!
There is plenty of sunshine in Africa which i want to harness.Be4 i buy my solar panels,i want to build a 500 watt power . inverter for the converting the Dc into Ac.
I am a little confused about the type of transistor,osciloscope ,capacitor etc to use.
I need step by step guide.

Thanks

Very few of us are in Africa so we use parts that are probably not available there.
Most of us live in civilization so we don't use solar panels and an inverter.

Will you spend a fortune for huge solar panels that can supply 500W plus charge the battery?
Where will you find a battery that is big enough to supply 500W for longer than half an hour?

Last edited:
IF you provide information on the sort of solar panels you have in mind, I'm sure someone here can guide you as to a system with batteries, and use it to power an inverter. Solar panels (I'm assuming you mean photvoltaic - ones that produce electricity) do not always have to be expensive, although many commerical companies manufacturing them are only concerned with area efficiency, and so, do not produce the cheaper ones. So us westerners only have the high quality (read: expensive) types available to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back