Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inverter.........!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your English is horrible.
The load is not connected across the drain. The load is connected between the drain and the positive supply voltage. Then when the gate is positive 10V to 12V then the drain goes to ground and the load gets the full 12V supply voltage.

There are thousands of "ordinary" Mosfets that need a Vgs of 10V to completely turn on.
There are a few hundred "logic-level" Mosfets that need a Vgs of 4.5V to 5V to completely turn on.
There are only a few unusual Mosfets that need a Vgs of only 2V to completely turn on.

In n-channel mosfet when the gate is positive the load will get supply between drain & ground will be there, or not...?

The Transformers Primary Coils Connect Between the Battery Positive and the Drain of the Mosfet.

When the Gate Goes High the Mosfet Conducts from Drain to Source which is grounded, Causing a High Current to flow FROM THE BATTERY, THROUGH THE COIL TO THE DRAIN.

Here is a Fairly Simple but Good Inverter, that uses N-Mosfets and an Iron Core Transformer.
**broken link removed**

I have connected 9v transformer secondary winding to main 230v suddenly transformer winding blast, but i could not understand why fly back transformer gives o/p upto kv rating & similar type of transformer i have seen in scooter connected to plug of it. what is this pls tell.

You fed 230VAC to the 9V winding of a transformer. The 9V winding is a very low resistance. The resulting very high current caused your transformer's core to saturate which caused much more current. The very high power consumed by the mis-wiring caused it to blow up.

An inverter or flyback transformer connects 9VAC (from a power oscillator) to the 9VAC winding of a transformer at or less than its max allowed current and at a frequency that it normally uses. Then the transformer works perfectly.

the answer is that the current goes up with voltage and down with inductance and frequency.

a flyback transformer today is a low inductance device meant for 100-500KHz or more but the line is only 50Hz.

you put a high voltage low frequency source on a low voltage high frequency winding. you are lucky you did not get sprayed with molten copper.

Ok, i want to calculate current in line supply for this i have connected clam meter across wire for different load the current will be different pls tell how to find maximum current in line supply..?

I think that Ritesh is a re-incarnation of Walters :eek:

JimB

Walters was also on many electronics chat forums. Where oh where did Walters go??

I my home Inverter is Using 12 Battery Of 12v & Near about 7amp The o/p Rating is 5KVA as It Is Used For Driving Flex Printing Machine & in Simple inverter i have seen It use 1 or 2 Battery Of High Current (Big Size) why.?

A 5kVA inverter that runs from 12 vdc is a bit of a joke. It requires over 500 amps at rated output. A good rule of thumb is 12v for approximately every 1000 watts of rated power needed for inverter. 4kVA to 5kVA inverter should be a 48 vdc input inverter.

A 5kVA inverter that runs from 12 vdc is a bit of a joke. It requires over 500 amps at rated output. A good rule of thumb is 12v for approximately every 1000 watts of rated power needed for inverter. 4kVA to 5kVA inverter should be a 48 vdc input inverter.

Mr. Rcinfla the inverter i was talking has 12 battery of 26a/hr of 12v and it is a UPS not Inverter.

Last edited:
What is a "line supply"?
The battery feeding an inverter is its supply. Simply measure the battery current when the inverter has its max rated load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back