Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inverter Welder problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

simadre5200

I have a "SIMADRE" 3 in 1 TIG/STICK/PLASMA cutter inverter that has worked great until recently.
while cutting some sheet metal with the plasma cutter the other day I set the torch down while the machine was idling (cooling fan running) while I got another pc of metal to cut and when I came back I found the fan had stop running and the power light was flashing at a rate of 1 flash per second. The power meter is also flashing 00 at a 1 second interval. The machine has the same behavior in all 3 modes (stick/tig/plasma). I pulled the cover off and do not see any discoloration on any of the components/wires or circuit boards. I does not also have any burnt smell nor do any of the wires show any sign of damage. Voltage is correct at the plug side of the switch and also on the leads coming from the switch to the main power board. I checked to ensure that all the connectors are tight also.
This machine has only had about 1 hour of total usage since it was purchased new and has never been overheated. I have owned it for well over a year so the warranty has run out otherwise I would return it. I have contacted the ebay seller and he pointed me to his supplier who is not responding.
I have tried to find info on the web about the board manufacturer "arcsonic" and also the manufacturer "SIMADRE" but have not been able to find anything as of yet nor am I able to locate a schematic.
I am hoping its something simple as it does at least flash the power light and power meter so I will keep my fingers crossed.

I do not have any experience in tracing a circuit nor any real electronics troubleshooting experience so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Tried contacting the manufacturer directly? Here's some contact information for them:

By email:
simadretechsllc@yahoo.com

By standard mail:
SiMadre Techs LLC
11631 Clark Street, Unit 10
Arcadia, CA 917485

By phone:
408 2064041(between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. PST Mon.-Fri.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back