Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

inverter/ups selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yafch

hi guys.
i need to buy a good power inverter/ups for use during loadshedding. i went to market to check and compare. The types which i want to buy are of 220v output@ 1000W/1200VA. The other one is 1200W/2000VA .
I want to buy 1200W/2000VA.But there are futher two types of these. one type requires 12v input and the other one needs a 24v input.
The confusion i am having is input voltage. If i buy one with 12v input but use two 12v batteries connected in parallel(for longer backup time) will it be good to do so ? i mean i dont know whether both batteries would get equally recharged and give good performance.
On the other hand should i still buy one with 24v input.("MERCURY" brand is my first choice).
Thanks a million.

1200W at 24V is "only" 50A but at 12V it's 100A. Considering losses, I would probably end up using 4 times the wire size for 12V.

The advantage of 12V is, if one battery fails you can run at reduced capability with the remaining battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back