Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inverter DC to AC...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Power (P=ExI) is the constant here. Assuming you live in a different universe than Nigel, and inverters there are 100% efficient then:

12v X 75A = 900W in > Inverter > out 900W / 240V = 3.75A

or

240v X 75A = 18000W out < Inverter < in 18000W / 12V = 1500A

Either way...even in a perfect universe... that would be one big inverter :eek:.

Ken

Last edited:
yiefang said:
can we invert 12VDC, 75 Amp to 240 VAC, 75 Amp...is it possible to do?

same as the other 2 replys Can't be done

but if you want that amound of power we need to know more about your set up
if you have a battery bank than i would advise you to put some baterys in series so you have a higher voltage and than make an DC/AC converter

this is done mostly in the bigger sollar panel arangements

but from a single 12V 75 Amp source to 240V see reply from KMoffet

(but 100% efficiencie does not exist):eek:

Robert-Jan

Hi all,I'm new to using this means of communication so please forgive me if I mess up a bit:) My eye caught the thread on inverters while I was browsing.As my knowledge of electronics is very limited ,I would really appreciate help with a project to build an inverter or perhaps a few of them to help friends as well.We are subjected to load shedding in our part of the world 3 times a day for at least 2 hours each time and this will probably continue for at least the rest of 2008.I live in a small coastal town in South Africa and on making enquiries was told that there are waiting lists to buy inverters and generators.Components seem to be easily available.I am thinking :600 to 1000 watt ,deep cycle 100ah battery and batt.,charger.Usage would be for TV or PC and some lights.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

How much current are you passing through them? Are they heatsinked? Are you over driving them with too much voltage?

Haas said:
why do my power mosfets keep burning?

Many Reasons are Possible.

One is Inductive Kickback Voltage from the primary, causing the mosfets to break down.

Or Too Much Current.
Or No proper Heatsinks.
Or Many More things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back