Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inverted pendulum control

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrz126

Well I was planning on making a CNC router as my next project, but I saw a inverted pendulum demonstration at school today. So now I've shifted my focus onto making one of those. (they are too cool to not make one).

So anyhoo, after some research, I've realized that I need to go with possibly an LQR type control system. I was hoping to do a PID, but I guess those arent able to stablize it in a fixed distance (like on a track).
thats why this one moves in a circle https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2005/12/00964A-1.pdf

Now my question is, does anyone have any information on implementing a LQR type control on a PIC?
I'm planning on using a 16f877a for this as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back