Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Intruder detection & recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

ss_rakesh

Idea is to have transmitter and a reciever
Transmitter
Sits on door/wall.
Signal reciever when ever someone opens door or moves in that way
Problem is,
This must very compact.
Must take very less power.

Reciever
Drives an external device after some delay (which must be adjustible)
This also must take less power on standby mode.

Please sujjest how to begin?

I'm getting the idea that Indian schools and those in it's surrounding neighbors must have the ElectroTech forum URL posted on every classroom blackboard, printed on the cover of every electronic textbook, applied as screensavers on student computers, and tattooed on student foreheads! Ok now on with the issue at hand:

How about this for $15 US currency:

https://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Category.taf?categoryid=770&pricetype=S&categoryname=HOME%20DETECTORS%20%26%20ALARMS

I have used this product with good results and you can't beat the price. The Chinese make this for pennies on the dollar and you couldn't obtain the parts alone for $15 at surplus prices!!

Completely wireless infrared alert system. Just place the sensor anywhere on your property and the receiver anywhere in your house up to 400 ft away.
The receiver makes a pleasant chiming sound when sensor is crossed. Weather resistant and requires one 9 volt and three C batteries
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
HiTech said:
I'm getting the idea that Indian schools and those in it's surrounding neighbors must have the ElectroTech forum URL posted on every classroom blackboard, printed on the cover of every electronic textbook, applied as screensavers on student computers, and tattooed on student foreheads! Ok now on with the issue at hand:
How about this for $15 US currency:

Reason for posting in this site is to do it on my own. not to by some readymade stuff :mad:.

ss_rakesh said:
Reason for posting in this site is to do it on my own. not to by some readymade stuff :mad:.
We are just recommending the best possible solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back