Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interupt problem with a 16f84a

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibbon_82

i am a student currently studying electronic engineering. for part of my project i have to program a 16f84a. i have read that with the 16f84, b0 is the only pin that can be used to perform an interupt. unfortunatly with the pcb that i have designed i would have to use pin a2. can this be done with the 16f84a, or will i have to rewire the pcb inorder to use pin b0?
any information that can help me will be very helpful.

thanks for your time

Craig.

gibbon_82 said:
i am a student currently studying electronic engineering. for part of my project i have to program a 16f84a. i have read that with the 16f84, b0 is the only pin that can be used to perform an interupt. unfortunatly with the pcb that i have designed i would have to use pin a2. can this be done with the 16f84a, or will i have to rewire the pcb inorder to use pin b0?
any information that can help me will be very helpful.

The possible interrupt sources are listed on the very first page of the datasheet - RB0 is one, as are RB4, 5, 6 and 7 as 'Interrupt on Change'.

You can't use A2 to generate an interrupt.

Do you actually need to use an interrupt?, you can do a great deal without using them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back