Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interrupts

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjcowan

Hi

I am very new to this and am currently using PIC logicator to flow chart the programs and dowmload to the PIC16F84.
I have written a program hat works with interrupts. When the output is 1 it runs this code to check if the other switch has been pressed. If it has then you are successful and a green led displays. If it hasn't then a red led displays.
However when i program this and try it the red led is on straight away. This means that the outputs are a 1. I am using a push switch and my understanding of them was that they remained 0 until you pushed them and they went to 1. I dont think it matters which way you turn it around.

Anyone any ideas how to getthis circuit up and running???

There could be a few problems I can think of, I've never used PIC Logicator so I don't know if some of these apply.

You haven't used a pull down resistor so the input is floating which can cause many problems.
You are using a push to break switch so it opposite to what you've programmed it to be.
You haven't turned off all your output before starting - I know this can cause problems when writing in PICBasic.
You haven't defined which pins are inputs and outputs.

Hope one of these helps :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back