Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Internet stream to LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

birdman0_o

Hey guys,

Just wanted to share a project I build recently, it is still in beta form and needs a lot of work, but it is functional.

I'm using C#'s Webclient class to download information from my favourite hockey teams website. I think send this information through rs232 to a max232 which converts these signals to logic level and feeds it to my PIC16f628A. This then displays that information on an LCD.

Have a look:

YouTube - Canadiens to LCD

Looks like a nice starter project for something more advanced, like a larger LCD that can be fed RSS feeds, and a few buttons on the display that would allow you to navigate the feed's links and open a browser window at the push of another button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back