Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Internet speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

herbymcduff

I know there are alot of different types of connections out there. Just to name a few;

ISDN, 56K, cable, dsl, t1, t3, oc8. I know there is probably more. But I don't know any more.

Now, I have a T1 connection, but no knowledge of its speed capabilities. Or for that matter, any of the above.

I was just wondering if anyone of you knew the speeds and maybe some history, and if you know of more.

Is T1 a good one, which one would be the best?

Just food for thought.

hey, thanks for that site. I was just curious to find out the best. But who can afford the best. I'm just running a T1 ethernet based connection. Terribly fast enough for me. :lol: :lol: :D :) :p

just beeing curious......i use a LAN connection, but its always full, so for internet i dont get is full capabilities( my speed is limited to 128KB/s).
so my curiosity is ......the data is transmitted trough a 8 wire cable, what is each wire for?
i know one is ground, one is sync, clock.....i think, but what are the otheres?

RJ45 Data Leads

Look at **broken link removed**
RJ45 connectors appear to be the usual overkill - we (UK) also have 6 pin connectors with 4 core cable for telephones that only use 3 terminals!

Life is confusing !

now we are talking about connectors, can anyone describe to me Cat.5b, otherwise know as cat 5. Just for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back