Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

internet files

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean by Internet Files? Saved web pages? Saved .wav files? Saved .pdf files? Did they open fine when your web browser was up & running? Make sure your pc has the proper pgms installed to be able to associate with those files. Also, sometimes certain files may be set to be viewed as a web page, or other styles.

They are saved web pages usually stored on history folder after internet disconnetion.But sometimes they are disabled in that folder and can't be viewed again till get them again while connecting.
what did you mean with pgms?

thanks

Almost indicates to me that your web pages are not being cached for quick view again later on. Have you changed your browser settings lately? There is a setting whereby you can set the number of days before history folder dumps itself or it can dump itself after each web browsing session too. Check that first. You may want to run one or more good adware/malware pgms to scan and remove problems that stem from internet browsing. There are way too many web sites that hijack your browser's settings, thereby changing the way your browser/'puter behaves.

Last edited:
i checked the numbers of days for dumping history, it was 10 days so that's strange anyway.I still not understanding the pgms and how they are installed and work.
still need more comments please

I suspect it's just links with a short TTL that have gone dead or been blocked by your provider or government.

maybe there is a language issue here - if they are available on line, what is the problem? did you actually download them? the history folder just contains URLs, not the web page it self. that winds up in a local cache. just because the history entry is there doesn't mean the file still is. The term TTL means time to live and pages can have a very short TTL. once that has elapsed, your browser has to go get a new copy.

Or you could just be flushing your local cache. maybe you are running out of disk space and your internet cache is getting purged automatically.

Why don't you download anything you want to keep to a different directory?

I never rely on the browser cache to store anything for me.

pgms = programs

4electros said:
i checked the numbers of days for dumping history, it was 10 days so that's strange anyway.I still not understanding the pgms and how they are installed and work.
still need more comments please

What he means by pgms is programs. Make sure you have the right programs installed to view whatever it is you want to view.

Hero999 said:
Why don't you download anything you want to keep to a different directory?

I never rely on the browser cache to store anything for me.

That is what I do as well. Make a directory (folder) called myfiles on the (Local disk C:). Save it all there and this should happen. And easy to back up. copy c:\myfiles to where you want (thumb drive).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back