Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

internal reference voltage for 16f877

Status
Not open for further replies.

pt3rg

Hi

Just a simple question.

What is the default internal reference voltage for 16f877 and how do i change it?

I know that you have to put a potentiometer at RA2 and RA3 but that's all i know. How do you change the refence voltage using the pic basic pro compiler? what should i do with the ADCON1 register?

Thanks.

pt3rg said:
Hi

Just a simple question.

What is the default internal reference voltage for 16f877 and how do i change it?

I know that you have to put a potentiometer at RA2 and RA3 but that's all i know. How do you change the refence voltage using the pic basic pro compiler? what should i do with the ADCON1 register?

Thanks.

The internal reference voltage is the 5V supply, if you use an external reference you may as well make it a precision one - using just a pot only makes it adjustable, not any more accurate.

All the details are in the datasheet, it tells you what each bit in the registers does - presumably the instructions for PIC BASIC will tell you how you can change them?.

Set the ADCON1 register according to the PIC's datasheet so that you can have a PIN as your reference voltages. You can set the reference voltage Vref+ and -Vref. Or just simply make the Vref+ relative to ground..... either way you adjust ADCON1 = &XXXXXXXX

Ivancho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back