Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Intermittent wiper control

Status
Not open for further replies.

dussgirl

I need help with a intermittent wiper control schematic. The motors for the wipers are 115V. The wipers have to have the capability of being fully on, and with a 1 second, 2 second, and 4 second delay along with a park position. I am aware of the 555 timer but i am not sure how to integrate it along with calculations to select the componets etc.

Do the wipers have limit switches so that they self-park when switched off?
Is the 115V AC or DC?
What is the stall current of the motors?
How many motors?

Yes they have a self park when switched off. They are AC motors 115V single phase. FL current at 60 hz is 2.4 A. There are a total of 4 motors,

Last edited:
Will all four motors operate together in synchronism, or will they be independently controlled?
Can you post a schematic showing any control switching and supplies that they already have?

Last edited:
The wipers have to have the capability of being fully on, and with a 1 second, 2 second, and 4 second delay.

Sorry I don't understand. Delay? Do you wish them to wipe once per time period? Or wipe at regular speed for the time periods and then shut off?

No. 4 modes. Fully on every 1 sec every 2 sec and every 4 sec. All four motors are controlled individually. There is nothing special about the switches. They are discrete momentary switches

Are the present switches wired to a mains supply or a mains-isolated supply?

Something based on this, perhaps?
WiperControl.gif
View attachment WiperControl.asc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back