Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing to the HD61830 lcd controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefer3

Hey all
Does anyone know how to interface with the HD61830 controller? At this point I am just trying to get a blinking cursor on the LCD with dip switches as this example shows for the HD44780 http://www.epemag.wimborne.co.uk/resources.htm

I have the datasheet for the HD61830 and it tells me to set RS High and all data low. Then I assume you have to pulse enable low. Then set RS Low and data to '00111100'. Then pulse low again. This is supposed to put a blinking cursor (or just a plain cursor) on the screen. This does not work.

Has anyone interfaced with the HD61830 with success? I have attached the HD61830 datasheet for reference if anyone is interested.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Forgot the attachment. Sorry!!

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated!!

Attachments

• Hd61830.zip
    144.2 KB · Views: 479
anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back