Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interfacing tmds with lvds

Status
Not open for further replies.

andynerd

So I am honestly tired of looking for answers that aren't on the internet. Is it a yes or no that interfacing TMDS with LVDS is impossible. Or at least there is no simple way. I know that they are fairly similar and that LVDS is 1's and 0's 101010 and they are determined by the difference between two voltages. (correct me if I am wrong with this or TMDS) And that TMDS (to prevent EMI) uses the same method of finding 1's and 0's using the difference between two voltages (i assume that is why there is a + and - data port in dvi and hdmi) but it bunches the 1's and 0's 11110000 so that it can reduce the switching between the two and the amount of emi. I know they both use slightly different voltages too. I can see how it would be easy to change the voltage up and down to interface each other. The problem is the style the 1's and 0's are sent in. if anyone has any information i would love it or even just explanations of that LVDS and TMDS are. Would love it for more research purposes there is always something I could have missed or I could learn. This is all because my main idea was that if i wanted to use the working screen from a laptop I could use the pci-e interface of the 910GML to input the data signals and clock from the display source then use software to change these values into useful video. I was also thinking you could hook the hot plug to an I/O on the pci-e then program software to send and receive the EDID information. But this is all useless unless the TMDS can be changed to the LVDS of the pci-e pins. Good night and talk to anyone who replies tomorrow!

Is this related to your post earlier today titled "tmds/cml to lvds"?

Which thread would you like to receive replies in?

That one was more hoping someone could tell me what the website was describing because it just didn't make sense. But it doesn't matter as that one got no replies so I can assume it's dead, it went a whole day without a reply xD.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back