Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing PIC16F877A with VB to display ADC Readings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest Improvement again. Look at current.

Attachments

• VB9.jpg
    VB9.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 139
' This subroutine saves the content of the Received TextBox

Private Sub SaveText(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)
Dim SaveFileDialog1 As New SaveFileDialog()
SaveFileDialog1.Filter = "Text Files (*.txt)|*.txt"
SaveFileDialog1.Title = "Save Received As"
If SaveFileDialog1.ShowDialog() = System.Windows.Forms.DialogResult.OK _
And SaveFileDialog1.FileName.Length > 0 Then
My.Computer.FileSystem.WriteAllText(SaveFileDialog1.FileName, Temperature.Text, False) ' Overwrite file
End If
End Sub

--------------------------------------

This Subroutine saves the content of the textbox as it is mentioned. May i know, how i can find the contents? i don't think there is a file already built & named in my computer(H.D.D) as temperature.txt.
Likewise, during running the program never ask me to save any file or something like this. Please let me know your comment about this as well.

The current is only being sent as 2 as it is divided by 10 before its sent... Remember I have written a quick fix.. you need to receive the text and cast to a double so you can display

If you send this "....C00225.." in your string. you can the divide by 100 to display 2.25.

I really don't know what is FSO and i could not find any dialogs under tools in VB2010. I am totally new with this software.The time i needed for my project and as per the solution you provided to me,i just installed it and get used to it. But i will try to find it out and see how i can store these data by anyways. Thanks Ian for your time and patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back