Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing of 8051 with TOUCH SCREEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

vishnu vinod

hi,
i am interested in doing a project in 8051. the concept is to have a display board with touch screen facilities. so what i have thought is to interface 8051 with touchscreen and proceed further. now my question is that is this concept is going to work?:confused:

Absolutely it will work! But as Ian asked above, which 8051 derivative were you planning to use? Also, which touch screen did you have in mind?

Ian and Jon thanks for reply ..
i have planned to use 89c51 or 89c52. both are available in market .
and about touch screen, i think its better if i use resistive type touch screen with four legs.:)

Ian and Jon thanks for reply ..
i have planned to use 89c51 or 89c52. both are available in market .
and about touch screen, i think its better if i use resistive type touch screen with four leg

Is there an echo in here!!!

Just kidding.. I have used graphical screens on the 89c52, mainly in assembler. All were mono though. The touch screen will need a small controller ( I use a small pic16f675 for this job )

Other that that its quite easy...

Here you have actually not mentioned the thing that do you need the tft with touchscreen as you have mentioned to display the things also.
And if you need only touchscreen and then you want to interface with 89c51 then you will need to have the ADC converter with 8 bit or 10 bit resolution, because the out of the touch screen would be analogue. Resistive touchscreen would be having the 4 output lines with x,x1,y,y1 representing the respective co-ordinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back