Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing microcontroller with GSM modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

atik6e

I have a GSM USB modem. I want microcontroller to read SMS from the modem and respond according to the specific content of SMS and send back a message to the number with desired content like load condition or meter reading. There should not introduce any computer/PC.

Please help me in this work.

First of all, you really are better off using a modem with a UART or RS232 interface rather than a USB as you don't really need USB speed for a standard GSM modem calling SMS commands, and USB isn't easy to interface to, especially as a host.

Your controller of choice will need a USB host, OTG may be sufficient, but you will need to figure out how to talk to the USB modem.

If you wish to rethink your design with a UART / RS232 interface then there are plenty of threads in this forum and a few open source projects that will help you, just use the search bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back