Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing LED tail lights with a AVR

Status
Not open for further replies.

jneumann

Hi, I am trying to build a project that flashes LED tail lights in a certain order, but I am having trouble figuring out how to hook up the tail lights to the attiny13 I am using to control them.
The lights use about 200ma at 12-13v, and have 3 wires.
One wire is ground, one is low, and one is high. The low must be constantly on, and the high is what I am using to make them blink (the 'high' wire gets current when you push the brake, or use blinker, while the low is always on when the vehicle is on)
I want to be able to send current to the high wire when I turn a pin on the attiny "high" (+5v)
I am using a lm7805 to regulate power from 13v down to 5v to power the attiny13.
Can someone help me with this?

Hi,

if you want to use the ATTINY2313 it can be done easily either connecting transistors to the designated output pins or use MosFet transistors to directly drive the lamps. (For MosFets like BUZ10 or BUZ11 use 100Ω gate resistors)

This sample circuit makes 12 LEDs "rotate" (four at a time) at variable speeds and LED13 is the center LED which illuminates at full speed.

Use the the appropriate I/O pins to accept a low when the outputs should be activated. Use pull-up resistors for the inputs or use MCU internal pull-up by software.

Boncuk

Attachments

• ATTINY2313-LEDs.gif
    ATTINY2313-LEDs.gif
    12.1 KB · Views: 429
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back