Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing LCD to PIC 18F8722

Status
Not open for further replies.

davisjos88

Hello,
I like to interface a 16*2 LCD module to a PIC18F8722 as a part of my project. Can anyone help me on this with sufficient descriptions and codes.

I using the CCS C Compiler. It comes with a library that expects the LCD to be wired to an 8bit port (can be B or C port for my Pic). Thereafter, only two CALLs needed, InitLCD(), and Printf(...).

Check out this article on these forums.

Interfacing LCD to PIC18F8722

Hi Mike,
I like to know which PIC you had used for your project. And thanks for your response,

Are you using the HD44780 LCD module or KS0108 controller? Drivers for these LCD are very popular. Just search for "HD44780 LCD interface". Hope that helps

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Your Source for Embedded Supplies
**broken link removed**

Old one: 16F873. Project is a Beam Antenna Rotator controller. I bought a ham antenna rotator without a control box, so I made my own. It can be joy-sticked to a new heading, or I can turn a pot to preset a desired heading, and then the rotator will run until the beam heading matches what the pot was set to. I use the LCD display to show the current beam heading in degrees (0-359), cardinal headings, N, NE, E, etc, and the preset pot value. Later I am planning to add RS232 input/output of beam heading to a PC control program. The rotator is self-calibrating if it encounters either mechanical stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back