Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interfacing ibutton to PC using USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm back guys, just met my supervisor today and I proposed building the circuit but he said he still wants to me to do it with a microcontroller. the part family will be PIC18F2525/2620/4525/4620 because there are surplus in the labs. I have no prior knowledge of doing this but upon searching online, I think I might follow something like this

Really lost now have to do more research and time is running short.

Okay, like you mentioned, I'll opt for the barebones approach. I've included a diagram below.

Anything else I need to know on the hardware side? So far I've read up on the oscillator and as for power I'll be using a regulated voltage supply available in the uni lab in the meantime. Btw I've watched all the tutes in the MCU newbie thread.

Anything else regarding the hardware side? Thanks abunch.

Attachments

• MCU.JPG
    MCU.JPG
    9.3 KB · Views: 225
I would suggest you use Swordfish basic. If you do a search here for Swordfish and DS1820 you should find a few useful threads. I wrote some code in this thread that shows how to read the ID of a one wire device. You might also want to check out **broken link removed**.

Mike.

I know. anything else to consider before setting the circuit up? I just need it to function in the most basic way at 4 MHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back