Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing I/O devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
A single bit of an I/O port may be used to interface with a number of devices. Each bit of an I/O port typically corresponds to a single IC pin. Circuits connected to I/O port pins should be configured in accordance with the current sink/source limits of the IC. Simplest output and input devices
which could be connected are LED and an input switch. How can these be configured if i have to use them in a project?

You've given no controlling device and no driven device in your post, there are so many different methods that you question can't be answered as you stated it.

Sorry Dram, but your post pretty much confused me.

It confused me too when i read it over...but that's how it was stated. So sorry, just thought it would have been me who was confused because i just didn't understand the question but i guess its eveyone. I think it is just asking how to set up an i/o port in order to connect devices. So i just considering the code to set up each bit as either an input or output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back