Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing an SPI-Interface RTC using PIC16F77 uC

Status
Not open for further replies.

vejay_ece

We are currently working on a project on the above title...
We require which pin of pic16f77 supports max232(rs232)... at which pin RTC ds17885 can be connected...
Plz specify the sites where we can get more technical detail on SPI...
thanx

have you looked at the datasheet with respect to RS232 standards

I just took a simple glance at the datasheet. A search yielded nothing on SPI or rs232. It seems to provide a microprocessor interface.

You can use any I/O pins for RS232 or SPI, as long as you use software routines to generate the interface. But the 16F877 has hardware USART and SPI interfaces, these use specific pins and are clearly explained in the datasheet. I would also advise reading the mid-range reference manual, this gives more details.

For RS232 you can consult my tutorials, where I show how to do both software and hardware RS232.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back