Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing an LCD with HT1621

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi , im trying to interface my 89S52 with HT1621 its an LCD controller , but i've some problems understanding the datasheet , which can be downloaded from here
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2009/03/1621PDF.pdf

1. How much is the time of the write signal's pulse width ?
2. I didnt understand what is the meaning of common and segements , im totaly newbie in this subject of interfacing this type of controller , what i understood is its selects an adress then save the data in it , and then ??
3. What are the constraints im going to face when writting the code for it ? i've to use an accurate delay of uS or nS ??

1. The write signals pulse width is on page 8. It depends on the voltage the device operates at.

2. The Com and Seg lines go to the LCD itself. If it's a module, they are already connected. If you are mounting a panel to the chip, refer to the LCD panel spec sheet.

3. The device is pretty slow. You will need delays that are at least as long as the minimum pulse width - but they can be a little longer. Accuracy isn't as important as making sure it is longer than the minimum time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back