interfacing a webcam with pc nd 8051 microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie007

hi all...i m v.new to microcontrollers...i want to make a system in which a 8051 microcontroller upon an interrupt will
1) direct the pc via a serial port(rs-232 interface using max 232 ic) to instruct a webcam to capture an image.

2) The webcam will be connected to the pc via usb port.

i need basic help here....
1)in coding in assembly language...and
2)other valuable knowledge relating to serial and usb ports.....

ive only known microcontrollers for a month and this help is going to be extremely essential for my semester project.......i need help urgently....thanking u in anticipation....

hi ...i m v.new to microcontrollers...i want to make a system in which a 8051 microcontroller upon an interrupt will
1) direct the pc via a serial port(rs-232 interface using max 232 ic) to instruct a webcam to capture an image.

2) The webcam will be connected to the pc via usb port.

i need basic help here....
1)in coding in assembly language...and
2)other valuable knowledge relating to serial and usb ports.....

ive only known microcontrollers for a month and this help is going to be extremely essential for my semester project.......i need help urgently....thanking u in anticipation....

DONT SPAM MESSAGES TO PEOPLE! YOU SHOULD HAVE LEARNED THIS!

Seems pretty simple i would suggest learning some VB or something to send keystrokes to the webcam application it self to take a snap shot.

So all you have to do is make a vb program that will listen to the com port and when a specific command is read send the keys needed to work the other program. You can always just make a program to control the webcam itself but requires way more experience.

Its easy to implement a computer controlled automation system if you have know how to communicate between PC & the uC.

See the link it has the same uC type & has some VB tutorials.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…