Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing a USB flash drive to a microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tan9890

Hi...
I've thought of another idea for my project.. USB to USB data transfer without using a PC...
I searched through the net, and i found a little information about Vinculum.. I wonder if those parts will be available locally in India..
So, is there any way that i can interface the flash drive to an ATMEGA?
how do i implement the FAT filesystem?

Or just tell me, what things are basically required if i were to make this project? So that i can have an idea atleast what to look for..

Any specific capablities that microcontroller should have, or what is required to make the data transfer possible...

Thank You..

Try googleing "USB OTG" or "USB on the go" to get an idea of what is required but be aware that this is not a simple thing to implement.

Mike.

I've searched the USB OTG... I found the AT90USB controller and some info about it... Also, i've read about the requirement of implementing a filesystem..
can you provide me some reference project and if possible a sample code that uses a microcontroller and reads or writes data to a flash drive?
My problem is now know what all i need to do... but i cant visualize how it can be done using a microcontroller...

I read on AVRFreaks that this can be done by using two AT90USB controllers, which can control one USB device and connect the two controllers via SPI interface... Is there any way by which i can see this kind of schematic somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back