Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Resource icon

Interfacing a toshiba t6963c equipped glcd with a pic microcontroller 2011-12-13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon Wilder

Jon Wilder submitted a new article:

Interfacing a Toshiba T6963C Equipped GLCD with a PIC Microcontroller - So you happen to have a GLCD with the Toshiba T6963C display controller and you want to interface i

So you happen to have a GLCD with the Toshiba T6963C display controller and you want to interface it with a PIC and write a driver for it. You've scoured the internet, but the only tutorial you've found that shows how to do it is useless. Well, here I will demonstrate just exactly how to go about doing it.

For this tutorial, our example setup is the Microchip 44-pin Demo board, which features the PIC 16F887, driving a Solomon LM6271FWL 240 x 64 GLCD display. This display has 8K VRAM...

Read more about this article...

Comprehensive and well documented GLCD project.:D

E

Nice article. I'm actually doing the same kind of project with a raspberry. I have the exact same LCD screen (LM6271FWL from solomon). The documentation I got with the screen says the backlight is EL (electro-luminescent) 100V @400Hz. But I don't get it working. Instead I seems to work with 5V DC (@850mA). Is it the same for you. Should I use 5V or do I risk destroying the backlight ?

Thank you very much, beautiful article. I am trying to adapt to use in my Atmel ATmega32.
Could you please send me the code to try a text message, the one that shows on the LCD at the end of the article?
Thanks
Fernando Jubany

nice article .. i need ur help.i tried to connect the pic16f877a with glcd jhd24064. i got simulation output. but in hardware i couldnt. can u halp me?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back