Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing 16f886

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttbuddy

At the user interface of 16F886:
A5 (RA5) - AN4, C2OUT(Comparator)
A6 (OSC2)
C1 (RC1) - T1OSI(Timers),CCP2(ECCP)
C6 (RC6/TX)
C7 (RC7/RX)
These are only the pins that interfacing with the user input.
From the 7 segment display with 10 pins, each HI denotes a value that I need (lets say pin A,B,C HI for a '7'), I need to program my PIC so that it can fetch this value and store to a variable. However I am a bit confuse on how to actually getting the 8 pins' values into the PIC serially using the 16F886 provided only those pins configurable at the PIC. Sorry I am truely a newbie, I really hope experts here can guide me. Thanks.

At the user interface of 16F886:
A6 (OSC2)
C6 (RC6/TX)
C7 (RC7/RX)
These are only the pins that interfacing with the user input.
From the 7 segment display with 10 pins, each HI denotes a value that I need (lets say pin A,B,C HI for a '7'), I need to program my PIC so that it can fetch this value and store to a variable. However I am a bit confuse on how to actually getting the 8 pins' values into the PIC serially using the 16F886 provided only those pins configurable at the PIC. Sorry I am truely a newbie, I really hope experts here can guide me. Thanks.

hi,:)
I cannot be sure exactly what you are asking.?

Is it that you have only the pins listed in your post 'free' and somehow you want to use these pins to enter decimal values into the PIC.

What is driving these inputs, eg: switches etc.?

hi,:)
I cannot be sure exactly what you are asking.?

Is it that you have only the pins listed in your post 'free' and somehow you want to use these pins to enter decimal values into the PIC.

What is driving these inputs, eg: switches etc.?

Yup, though PIC 16F886 is being used, but the kit provide the user interface only at these pins:
A6 (OSC2)
C6 (RC6/TX)
C7 (RC7/RX)
yup, you get it right. But somehow for a newbie like me, I have a blurry idea on implementing this. Actually this PIC is driven by another module. Simply asking, can i wake up the PIC only when I need the data input?

Thanks so much if you can help, I'd struggling on these for some times.

yup, you get it right. But somehow for a newbie like me, I have a blurry idea on implementing this. Actually this PIC is driven by another module. Simply asking, can i wake up the PIC only when I need the data input?

hi,
Exactly what will these 5 'spare' input pins be connected too.?

hi,
Exactly what will these 5 'spare' input pins be connected too.?

Em, the overall idea is like this:
A module will wake up the PIC, starts capturing data input via C7 (RC7, analog serial input at port C perhaps?). However I think pin A5,A6 and C1 will not be use as I can choose the internal clock. Then pin C6 transmit the data to the module. What I involve now is C programming to setting up the data transmission. :)

hi,
I write programs using assembler, not 'C'.

Perhaps someone else will help with the 'C' program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back