Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interfacin a serial mouse with a micro controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikalogic

is it possible to interface and old serial ball mouse with a the serial port of an AT98Cxx microcontroller?..

I've got the datahseet of the chip in the mouse.. the 83702A .. well the transfere protocole seems very complicated with reguard to the modes of serial communication present in the 8051 structure.. maybe i am wrong.. this why i need you guys... just tell me, is it doable, cause if it's not, i won't waste my time and find another solution rather than the serial communication...

thx a lot.

of course it's possible, it's nothing but serial communications, which is a piece of cake. I think you're looking at it from the wrong end... rather than looking at datasheets of the components in the mouse to figure out the protocol, why not just look at info on the standard serial mouse protocol?
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back