Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

F.C. RACING

Hi i need help to try and work out what the part is or a replacement
I own a commercial slotcar raceway the computer system that runs the track is an old amiga the software is on a floppy disc
the computer turns on lanes via the F keys there is an interface that switches 70 amp relays on under the track the interface sends 13.8 volts neg to the relay to turn it on. Inside the the interface there are Two are ic's that control four relays each it. On one side one ic is not sending a signal to one lane only the other three are working.
My problem is that the person who build it can not be contacted and there is a heat sink on top of the IC so no number on the part can be seen.
The IC needs to switch between 11 volts and 18 volts dc on the Neg side i have at this stage no idea what signal is sent to the IC
All one side of the IC are connected to neg power wich comes from the track.
Hope some out there can sugest a part i can then trial on the bench.
Regards Carl
Thunderdome Raceway

any chance you could post up a few pictures to help identify the parts, or a schematic of what you can see so we may be able to offer an alternative that will still do what it should

I don't have a picture of i tried to up load a drawing in word but the bord tells me it to big for that file type the ic has 8 legs on each side all one side is conect to neg power on the other side 4 inputs and the 4 outputs to the track real size it about 1 inch long 1/4 wide will keep trying to upload a drawing
Regards carl
Thunderdome Raceway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back