Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interface with at89c51ed2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickeystaines

hello,

i have been trying to program my at89c51ed2 micrcontroller using flip. im using the rs232-usb converter for this purpose. the flip software connects the microcontroller. however when i try to run the erase,chek,program,verify routine, it gives me a time out error. it also says cannot write to port.

m using max232n for the rs232 interface.

if not the above , then pls tell me the procedure to setup rs232 port communication. im using flip programming tool

Last edited:
This is what will happen if there is no serial port where you think there is one or if there is something wrong with the two way connection. The timeout is what happens when FLIP sends a query to the microcontroller and gets no response. There could be many reasons for this. Did you remember to hold PSEN* low when the processor came out of RESET? If not then you are not executing the bootloader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back